The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old October 13, 2011, 12:10 AM   #76
Alaska444

It will be interesting to see what the 9th does with these cases. I can't imagine that this circuit court will do anything to enhance CCW in CA, but with the UOC gone, it adds an element of suspense to what would have been a done deal in many ways. Now it will be interesting to see how they proceed.
Old October 13, 2011, 12:15 AM   #77
Alaska444

Quote:
In your opinion. And others may have different opinions, even based on their readings of the same core documents. You think they are wrong, and they think you are wrong. There is a dispute. Do you believe that you get to resolve that dispute by imposing your will upon those who disagree with you?
No let's just put them in exile and be rid of the dissenters to the constitutional intentions of the founding fathers. Sorry, what part of imposing my will when I simply express my opinion that the current situation based on the Federalist point of view is out of sorts from what was intended. In fact, what we have now was the entire purpose of the Federalist papers in the first place.

Sticking with the thread, it makes no sense to me for Jerry to rescind UOC given the current court cases nor in context of the 2nd amendment and the recent SCOTUS rulings. So yes, sticking to the judicial mechanisms in place, someone will need to explain to me the logic behind this action. It seems to me that they are setting themselves up for a reversal if taken to SCOTUS. Just seems completely illogical to me.
Old October 13, 2011, 12:22 AM   #78
armoredman

Most of Cali law seems nonsensical to me. I do hope this does lead to a statewide shall-issue permit system ASAP. Too bad they can't use any of this to get rid of that stupid 10 round magazine ban and the arbitrary firearm denials for commercial sale.
Quote:
Alexander's solution to Gordian knot,
Glenn, classic, dude, classic.