The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old September 13, 2011, 07:37 PM   #1
Mrgunsngear

CZ P-08 Duty Release Date

A colleague of mine went to the CZ factory over in Europe last year and told me about the P-08 they're making and were supposed to release over there in the spring, then fall/winter here in the US. That's what he was told anyway.

I know there are a lot of industry type guys on here and was wondering if we had an expected release date for the P-08. I'd like to get my paws on one...
Old September 13, 2011, 08:47 PM   #2
zebco

Please share what info you have on the P-08? What is it supposed to be?
Old September 13, 2011, 09:03 PM   #3
Tom Servo
Staff

P-08? Like this?

Old September 13, 2011, 09:20 PM   #4
Beowulf5505

any details on it? is it a metal frame? i am personally not a fan of the Poly frame CZs
Old September 14, 2011, 12:55 AM   #5
MikeNice81

From the picture I saw and the rumors I've heard:

Basically the P-08 Duty will be a polymer full size version of the P-07 with switchable back straps. The sights have been switched to steel and extra cocking serrations have been added to the muzzle end of the slide. The guide rod for the recoil spring has also been changed to steel or alloy.

The release date is uncertain. It is said to be late this year with many of the updates hitting the P-07 next year.

For me the P-07 has been a wonderful performer and I will keep the one I have. I don't see enough improvement to warrant buying the P-08 or a new P-07.
Old September 14, 2011, 07:26 PM   #6
Mrgunsngear

I heard the same as Mike from my friend. He said they had demo/prototype models that had a 19 round mag, metal sights, were larger but looked just like the 07, and one was black and one was OD green. That's pretty much all he said...
Old September 14, 2011, 07:43 PM   #7
Micropterus

The only photo I've seen of the "P-08" was a photo the poster admitted he photoshopped.

Wonder why CZ would make a full size 19 round P-08 when they have a better pistol in the Phantom. I'd rather see CZ introduce a compact Phantom than develop a full size P-07.
Old September 15, 2011, 08:30 AM   #8
railroader

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...utyp-08-V2.png Good pic.

Quote:
Wonder why CZ would make a full size 19 round P-08 when they have a better pistol in the Phantom. I'd rather see CZ introduce a compact Phantom than develop a full size P-07.
Maybe because it has the omega trigger so it can be a decocker or converted pretty easily to a cocked and locked da/sa pistol. Mark
Old September 15, 2011, 08:37 AM   #9
MikeNice81

Plus the P-07 has actually been picked up by a handfull of security services and police departments. Having a larger gun could expand the market. That would also explain why CZ is looking at touches like threaded barrels on the P-07.
Old September 15, 2011, 11:18 AM   #10
candr44

I heard it will be released in the fall/winter also. From what I read CZ has a line of pistols planned based on the PO-7. If you want to know more about what CZ has been working on check out this link. http://www.czub.cz/zbrojovka/cz-cata..._Zbrojovka.pdf. The information is from CZ themselves and also includes the history of their older guns. Although, at the time of writing there wasn't a lot of information about the PO-8.
Old September 15, 2011, 05:53 PM   #11
drewthebrave

http://www.guns.com/sneaking-peeks-a...p-08-duty.html

Some additional information on the CZ P-08. I'm really impressed with the number of variants of the 75 that CZ now makes.
Old September 15, 2011, 06:17 PM   #12
Micropterus

Quote:
Maybe because it has the omega trigger so it can be a decocker or converted pretty easily to a cocked and locked da/sa pistol. Mark
A handy feature for those that can't make up their mind.
Old September 15, 2011, 07:36 PM   #13
tekarra

Hello Drew and welcome aboard.
That is quite an opening post! It would be nice to see them on the shelf.
Old September 15, 2011, 07:53 PM   #14
Mrgunsngear

That's what I'm talking about Drew! Good stuff. I just wish I could get one here....
Old September 15, 2011, 08:34 PM   #15
drewthebrave

Thanks for the welcome! I'm relatively new to shooting, but I've been learning everything I can on a number of forums - mostly Calguns since I'm a CA native (many complicated laws to learn) and Sigforum since I picked up a P6 as my first firearm. I've been lurking here for months because I didn't have much to add to the conversation. I think that's about to change, though.

Stumbling across this thread reminded me of a discussion I noticed on Sigforum, and figured I'd share since most people have no idea about the P-08 yet. Unfortunately, like the P-07, it will likely not be deemed CA legal.

Sounds like there are some minor improvements to the full-size P-08 and future P-07 that will make it worth a look!