The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old May 22, 2011, 09:32 PM   #1
boxjeff

Turner Kirkland Derringer?

I found a Turner Kirkland Derringer 41 Cal and was wondering what the going price should be on one in good condition? Also, where would I pick-up powder/caps/bullets to use it?
Old May 23, 2011, 08:34 AM   #2
Rifleman1776

Pictures would help. Those were sold in big quantities in the 1970s in both kit and finished guns. They were imports sold under many labels. When I had me gun shop I sold them very cheaply. They can be made to go "bang" but are pretty wuthluss for any real shooting at ranges beyond five feet. If it looks nice can make a neat thing to keep on your desk as a paper weight.
Depending on condition, IMHO, not more than $25.00. Tops.
Old May 23, 2011, 10:39 AM   #3
Pahoo

Muff Pistols

I use to own one of those, a few years back. Mine had a brass barrel and engraved. I still own a Palmetto which is simular to the Turner. I shoot it occasionally but mostly use it as a training aid during our M/L classes. I'd take care but would not hesitate to shoot yours. You can get most of your supplies either from Dixie or equal. I no longer have loading data for the Turner but do, for the Palmetto.

Once in awhile you will see them come up on GunBroker for about $50.00. I am currently working on a neck-holster for this little guy. Some folks refer to them as Muff Pistols. ....

Quote:
Pictures would help.
Google it; you'll see it !! ...

Be Safe !!!