The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old April 18, 1999, 11:22 AM   #1
John

Harley,
I don't know if you forgot about me or couldn't find anything on my old .22 (from orginal thread). I have searched all the books I have and couldn't find anything on it. The info on it
is-
HAMILTON RIFLE NO. 51
22 CAL S - L & LR
C. J. HAMILTOM & SON
PLYMOUTH MICH. U.S.A.
If I remember correctly this rifle has been around the house for at least 35 years and I think it was an old rifle even then.

Thanks for all the effort and assistance

John
Old April 18, 1999, 01:32 PM   #2
James K
Member In Memoriam

Those Hamilton rifles were inexpensive single shots which were often given as prizes to youngsters who sold a certain number of cans of salve, or magazine subscriptions, etc. Another gun in the same category was the Quackenbush. (If you have a squeeze type nutcracker, it may have "HMQ" on it for Hiram Quackenbush. Same fellow.)

The gun has little cash value, but I am sure its sentimental value is priceless.

Jim
Old April 18, 1999, 04:41 PM   #3
John

Thanks for the info. I agree it is an inexpensive rifle, but you are right it does have some memories. Any idea on the dates they made them? Thanks again.
Old April 20, 1999, 12:17 AM   #4
Paul B.

Jim. Here in Tucson, those Hamiltons go for as high as $200.00, and even higher for real clean models. I guess it's where you're at that counts. You should see what they want for real doggie Remington #4, .22LR's
Paul B.

COMPROMISE IS NOT AN OPTION!