The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old December 19, 2010, 06:47 PM   #1
Vermonter

Rossi Trifecta???

I am thinking of purchasing a Rosi Trifecta. It is going to be a Christmas gift for my girlfriend who has expressed a real interest in coming to the woods with me. I was considering getting her a Mossberg 500 slug combo so she could hunt small game, deer, and maybe turkey. I own a 500 so I had her shoot mine and she hated it. Not because of kick or anything but because it didn't fit her (too big)

I am considering purchasing the Rossi 243/20ga/22lr. This combo seems to be everything she will ever need to hunt with. I know the accuracy comes into question however I am thinking of having her use this open sighted at closer range.

I can also see this gun as a perfect camping item to go along with my sidearm. I have been known to leave her and the dog behind while I fish and some protection would be good. Also, spontanious hunting is not a forign Idea to me.

If anyone has expirence with this gun please let me know.

Thanks, Vermonter
Old December 20, 2010, 09:14 PM   #2
Vermonter

Trifecta Update

Well I am glad to see no one has posted anything bad about this gun because I just purchased it for her. I looked it over and cleaned it before wrapping it and it seems to be well worth the price. I believe we will have to wait for santa for a range report.
Vermonter
Old December 21, 2010, 12:11 AM   #3
fast-eddie

I had a Rossi matched pair in 410/22. It was solid, the .22 was accurate enough with open sights. If you want to mount a scope on the 243 barrell you'll need a hammer extension kit to do so. The single shot got a little boring to be honest so I got rid of it..
Old December 21, 2010, 01:31 PM   #4
Toney

I bought the wife one last year. The 22 barrel would'nt hit a box at 25yds, the 243 would shoot 100gr bullets into 6" at 100yds.