The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old June 4, 2010, 12:06 PM   #1
V.Hunter

Browning B-2000 12 Gauge

Does anyone know much about these shotguns? I found one in a local shop and was just wondering how they compare to some of the newer semi autos that are out there.

Thanks in advance.
Old June 4, 2010, 03:19 PM   #2
tandom

B2K

I always borrow one from a relative when we visit, no down side V/excel shotgun. I'm just to cheap to buy another firearm or i would get one of my own.
Old June 4, 2010, 09:56 PM   #3
clemsonbloz

everyone makes mistakes...

they are feast or famine.. I've seen 2 in my life, one worked flawlessly, one was a jam-o-matic..

Now, the jam-o-matic might of been someone's perception, lack of care, or a legit complaint..

I have a browning gold hunter 3 inch that I've shot 5000 + times, and have never ever had an issue with.. Some people call them junk, but I love mine..

If the price is right, give it a shot..
Old June 5, 2010, 03:07 PM   #4
Logs

I had a 20 and a 12 and both shot great. I think they didn't go over since you have the action pretty much open on the one side and they would get all kinds of junk in it while hunting. I still see barrels on GB every so often. It is a nice gun, but I think there are better options today unless you find one for $225.
Old June 7, 2010, 10:14 AM   #5
V.Hunter

That is the one thing that I didn’t like about the whole thing, the fact that the action did basically have a hole in the side, lol. I'm not sure yet, it is in great condition, priced right but I'm just not sure. I guess if it’s still there in a few weeks I may just grab it.

Thanks for the input guys.
Old June 7, 2010, 08:24 PM   #6
tjh

Had one in 12ga. it would not cycle light loads , feed it heavy loads and it would shoot all day . Better off getting an auto 5 or a gold .