The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 11, 2010, 02:35 PM   #1
RamOchoa

Hunting rangefinder for golf?

I know the golf rangefinders use a different estimation method so would be difficult to use in a hunting situation. But, can we use the hunting rangefinder for golf?
Old February 11, 2010, 02:50 PM   #2
ScottRiqui

You could try it, but I think you'll have a hard time getting a good reflection off of the pin, and the flat surrounding green won't reflect much at all. You might be able to range to a tree or a rock near the pin, and then estimate the distance from the tree/rock to the pin.
Old February 11, 2010, 09:44 PM   #3
Jobfix

Rangefinder for Golf

I think you could, some courses have an flag stick insert, for beam reflection, but my skills don't always give me a clear line of site to the pin...
Old February 12, 2010, 04:58 AM   #4
RamOchoa

Gonna have to try it then.
Old February 12, 2010, 09:46 AM   #5
Strazznah

I have used a hunting rangefinder for golf in the past with success. Success as in able to find the distance, not able to necessarily hit it the desired distance!
Old February 19, 2010, 11:00 PM   #6
vvaldez38

Rangefinder for golf - absolutely

I just bought the Bushnell Laser Scout 1000 rangefinder for the rifle range; however, the description noted:

Accurate, compact, and user-friendly are some important characteristics one can expect from the Bushnell Scout 1000 range finder.

This amazingly small instrument can be extremely useful at the rifle range, in the woods or on the golf course. The user can range the target with the tap of a single button. The Scout 1000 is vertically configured. It offers comfortable one hand operation and is small enough to fit in your shirt pocket.

Bushnell Laser Scout 1000, ARC; http://www.blue-sky-products.com/bus...rs-201932.html

. . . guess I should try to check it out on the course.

Good Luck