The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old September 8, 2009, 10:00 PM   #1
ibdecent

Early Goose in MN

Had a great opener saturday! and man do I have a great wife.
Friday night had my 2nd child, a boy, at 8:43 pm. Woke up at 2:30 am to go on the first goose hunting trip of the year.
What an outstanding hunt. First flock came in, all seven dropped and one band. 2nd flock of 4, no survivors. 3rd flock 4 geese, no survivors. a loner came in and he got it. a flock of 20 came in, dropped 9, called them back in and dropped 5, five got away. another loner came in, but he got away. and right after we started packing up (as always) a flock of 10 came in, flippin and floppin while we were out in the oppen moving about. only nine got away (only one guy had a gun out). 31 geese with one band on opener. hard to beat that as the begining of the season. limit was 50 (5 per person, 10 ppl). but we didn't want to be greedy. boy what an oustanding day.
Nurses gave me some dirty looks at the hospital though, but the wife gave me permission to go, so all was well.
Old September 8, 2009, 10:26 PM   #2
Lavid2002

SWEEET! Im hoping to put some goose in my belly soon ! i wanted to go tom. morning but my $%*% friend wont answer his phone, well have to go next wed.