The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old September 5, 2009, 12:43 PM   #1
Senior Member
Join Date: June 28, 2004
Posts: 664
bench "carriage"

What's the proper name for the "carriage, platform, bench vise" which supports a long-gun on the bench? I thinking "tinkering" stuff; nothing heavy duty like rebarrelling........and any plans about for homemade setup?
sophijo is offline  
Old September 5, 2009, 03:15 PM   #2
Senior Member
Join Date: March 29, 2007
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,391
Something like this?
How could you have a slogan like "freedom is slavery" when the concept of freedom has been abolished?
w_houle is offline  
Old September 5, 2009, 07:47 PM   #3
Senior Member
Join Date: May 4, 2001
Posts: 7,033
Commonly known as a rifle vise.

Plans to build can be found online:
Dfariswheel is offline  

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site and contents, including all posts, Copyright © 1998-2016 S.W.A.T. Magazine
Copyright Complaints: Please direct DMCA Takedown Notices to the registered agent:
Contact Us
Page generated in 0.10825 seconds with 7 queries