The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old June 15, 2009, 07:19 AM   #1
kilogulf59

Activism is No. 1

What it takes to get our message across is for ALL gun owners and pro-2A people to become politically active. If you are a member of any group, forum, club, or lodge that is remotely affiliated with firearms then it is your job to make sure that they preach activism as the primary step in defeating these anti-constitutionalists.

Remember that buying guns and ammunition is not showing your 2A support; it is just making gun and ammo companies richer, it doesn’t do a darn thing to protect your God given rights. Learning about history, shooting, and all that is great and needs to be done but, again, it doesn’t do a thing to get the truth across to the political leadership…activism does.

I don’t care for politics myself and I absolutely despise politicians nevertheless, in case you haven’t noticed, I have had to become political. ICCF has unfortunately become political out of pure necessity. We are in a war, not a shooting war nor a cold war but a war of words, of what is right and everyone has to be a soldier in this war.

The tactics and ammunition in the war of words are simple and easy. Many of the methods
are outlined in the “Take Action” board at ICCF and they cannot be simpler…Emails and vote.

Some key points to ponder…

---> The 2nd Amendment is the only one that guarantees all the others.

---> The 2A in not about target shooting, hunting, or even self-protection, it is there to protect the citizens of the United States of America from our own government.

---> The people are the militia, not the National Guard. Many legal presidents back this up to include US Supreme court rulings.

---> The Constitution is not and never will be antiquated.

---> There are approximately 50 million gun owning households in the USA…we are the biggest minority.

---> Knowledge is power…take a few minutes to learn a bit about our Founding Fathers and their mindset when they drafted the Constitution. Stop empowering politicians to rule you, they work for us…let them know it.

---> There are NO so-called “reasonable” gun control laws. We know what’s best for us, not them.

---> Once your rights are stolen they will never be returned.

For further reading and information, try these sites…

Gun Facts - Your Guide to Debunking Gun Control Myths Gun Facts is a free e-book that debunks common myths about gun control.
It is intended as a reference guide for journalists, activists, politicians, and other people interested in restoring honesty to the debate about guns, crime, and the 2nd Amendment.

NRA-ILA Firearms Fact Card, 2008

Gun Owners of America…I couldn’t begin to list all the information here.

U.S. Constitution Online is an extremely valuable site to review our historical documents. You have to visit this site to believe it.

Earliest Pro-Gun Quotes will give you a clear view of the mindset of our Founding Fathers.

YOUR VOICE CANNOT BE HEARD IF YOU REMAIN SILENT! take action now, don’t count on others to fight your battles for you or you may have no battle to fight.

Integrated Close Combat Forum
Old June 15, 2009, 08:52 AM   #2
Bartholomew Roberts

I'd add www.guncite.com to the list, one-stop shopping for detailed rebuttals of common myths regarding the Second Amendment and gun legislation.