The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old January 27, 2009, 04:00 PM   #1
davedel

winchester model 94

I have an old model 94(serial number approx 857,000). I think it was manufactured around 1920. I would like to know what is its value. It is in pretty good condition. I have had it for almost 40 yrs and it has been in storage. I have never fired it.
I also have J. Stevens 32 rim fire rifle model 1915. I would also like to know the value of it.
Old January 28, 2009, 02:57 PM   #2
Gbro

Lots of variables with the 94, but in extremely good condition plane jane $2000.00 Could go up from there with takedown, deluxe, saddle ring, papers, cal's other than 30WCF or 32WCF, Then the biggy, a trappers model!
Old January 29, 2009, 02:52 PM   #3
JimmyN

Winchester 94

Hi, I can agree with the previous reply. However it would certainly have to be a lot nicer than the average that is seen for a straight stock to be in $2000 range. Amount of orginal finish, metal and wood are the key. Traces of finish or less than 20% is more common, likley less than $1000 value. If it is a rifle will have curved buttplate, most often 24" or 26" barrel length. A carbine with or with out saddle ring, 20". The 18 in the 1894, if present, on the top tang is big plus to me. I agree a Deluxe pistol grip, or very good or excellant orginal finish would take it way up there. Chances are the 60 odd years that it was used prior to you having it, and the storage since will define its value. I am very new to this forum, but there are also several others here that could hit its value very close with couple good pictures.
I have couple of the Stevens in the $3-$400 range, yours could be lot less or more depending on condition. Both pieces are collectable. Jim
Old January 29, 2009, 09:46 PM   #4
Hawg

FYI the 94 was made in 1919.