The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old February 2, 2000, 04:29 PM   #1
Ricky T

On Monday I ordered a Surefire 9P light, spare bulbs, and extra batteries from Botach. I asked for second day UPS and the salesman assured me that it will get to me by Wednesday. Monday afternoon the salesman called me back and told me that they were out of the 9P but will substitute a 9Z which cost more at the same price as the 9P ($65). This afternoon the UPS man brought my package from Botach with all the correct items. Just wanted to say that Botach, in this case, is not incompetent as described on other threads.
Old February 2, 2000, 04:51 PM   #2
9x45

Well I had a completely different experience. An internet order placed on 1-12-00 was not even acknowledged until 1-23-00. Then my credit card was charged for the full amount, then on 1-24-00, it was credited for an out of stock item, which no called to say it was out of stock. The items should have arrived on 1-25, on 1-27 I called and was told it was UPS's problem. I called again on the 28th, same story. I called UPS on 1-29, and there was no record of pickup, just a tracking number assignment. On 1-31, I called again, and said look, it didn't ship, UPS doesn't have it. Oh, well, someone will call you right back. They didn't. I call again on 2-1, and now they promised to send it out last night, and should be here today. I will see if it arrives this evening. My opinion so far, no more business from me.
Old February 2, 2000, 05:16 PM   #3
Emin

My experience with Botach had both the positive and a bit negative side to it.

I ordered Galco Combat Master for my Sig 229 as well as Galco belt (which I, by the way, HIGHLY recomend). Both came late, Botach wouldn't return my calls promptly, and the service was a little slow. But a salesperson was very polite and patient so overall, I'm satisfied.
Old February 2, 2000, 05:17 PM   #4
jcoyoung

Botach does not seem consistent with the credit card charge thing. I placed an online order (1/8/00) for a Trijicon Reflex II w/ 12.5 trangle reticle, ARMS QD mount, and Giles sling. Recieved e-mail confirmation about a couple of hours later. I assumed that everything went well and they shipped the package the next business day.

2 weeks pass. No package. I go online to check my credit card. No charge has been filed for Botach. I'm guess, what the heck happened to my order? The next day I get a phone message to call BZ (I think that's the name) at Botach about my Trijicon Reflex II. I call and BZ sez that the particular reflex model I want is out of stock and would I like to switch it to the 6 or 8 moa dot reticle model. I say no and I'll wait for the one I really want. BZ sez it may be 3 to 4 weeks. I figure it may be that long until I get my AR upper, so I decided to wait. BZ states that my credit card has not yet been charged. I rekon he said this to reassure me that they are not trying to rip me off.

Couple days pass, get another call from BZ. Conversation is identical to the call from the previous week. (Maybe he is reealy concerned). Only this time he says it will be about 2 weeks.

I've only had one previous order from Botach (A Speedfeed IV stock) and didn't have any problems. From the other posts I've read, Botach is a 50/50 gamble. I'm not sure if my Trijicon order is delayed because of them or because of their supplier. I guess it's a pretty highly demanded item.

I just checked my credit card. No charge from Botach yet. Guess I'm still waiting....

------------------
"Ray guns don't vaporize Zorbonians, Zorbonians vaporize Zorbonians" The Far Side
Old February 2, 2000, 06:58 PM   #5
Spirex288

I guess ordering from Botach is a hit or miss thing. I ordered three things from them on different occasions and received everything on time. Everytime I called to get the tracking number the reps were very polite. No problems here.
Old February 2, 2000, 07:09 PM   #6
parabellum

Bad attitudes in any organization can be an infectious thing. Anyone who's worked in a relativly small office will know what I mean. It seems to me that this could be part of the problem. All things being equal, if an item is available from someone besides BoTach, I would be inclined to deal with the other fellow. I've heard one too many negative things about these guys.
Old February 2, 2000, 08:48 PM   #7
jwong

So far my two orders with Botach have been o.k... I had an ARMS #39 mount get back ordered, but I only had to wait two weeks until I got it, and that was consistent with what they had told me... Guess that I got away lucky...