The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old April 9, 2008, 02:43 PM   #1
model18

Buyers BEWARE of Ammoclip.com

Had a bad exp. with this company sending a defective clip. All I asked for was one that WORKED & what I paid for. Between all the small print BS, the bottom line is THEY DON'T STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCTS, So to all my fellow members BEWARE. There are lots of WAY BETTER companies to deal with.
Old April 9, 2008, 06:48 PM   #2
Jack Baum

Thank you, I was planning on using this company for a purchase recently. Thanks for the heads up.
Old June 18, 2008, 09:48 PM   #3
crzbiker

Ammoclip.com

I am sorry I did not read your posting regarding this company. I had the same lousy experiance with a magazine supposed to be for a Mauser 1914. No reply and no easy way to actually reach them via the internet. The company that handles their shipping doesn't accept any emails either. An relatively expensive lesson.:barf:
Old June 30, 2008, 04:27 PM   #4
PSimms

Can crzbiker and model18 provide more information on their transactions?
Old June 30, 2008, 05:25 PM   #5
model18

ammoclip.com

Had a bad exp. with this company sending a defective clip/magazine for a Colt Service Ace .22 After 2 hrs. with some needle nose pliers, I got it to work, but only with 6 rnds or less. A POS and rip off!!!
Old June 30, 2008, 08:48 PM   #6
bigjack59

Thanks for the heads up
Old July 1, 2008, 11:18 AM   #7
PSimms

I am the person that has processed most of the returns for Ammoclip.com for the past 8 years. I issued a return authorization to you on 04/08/08. In your original return request you stated that the magazine would only hold 7 rounds and fit tight.

Before I issued the return authorization to you I took two of the magazines and loaded them. The magazine you purchased was manufactured by MetalForm, they make high quality magazines. They had tight springs as most new magazines do and they were not lubricated. I loaded 10 rounds into each magazine, the last 3 were tight. Generally I use the A-Zoom rifle snap caps/practice ammo for testing as they are manufactured to exact ammo specifications. I have seen a lot of out of spec ammo in 30+ years of shooting.

Out of all the failure to load to capacity problem returns I have processed I have only found one real problem that I remember, it was with a lot of Taurus factory magazines. All of the other failures to load to capacity problem returns with other manufacturers magazines were tight springs or out of spec ammo. You never returned the magazine to us so I can only speculate that it had a tight spring and you had already damaged it with your needle nosed pliers before requesting a return.

As far as crzbiker comments go our return information is on the invoice. Also there is an information button at the top of every product page, this will take you to the returns page. The link is: http://www.ammoclip.com/R/returns.htm
Old July 1, 2008, 12:57 PM   #8
model18

ammoclip.com

It should have been a no BS rtn. and I wouldn't have had to post this. I did not damage the clip with the needle nose(it actually works now for the most part!!).It was not a well made item, (was tight in the gun, wouldn't hold the slide back. the slide would slam home when I removed it with the slide locked back, etc With rtn. shipping costs combined by absurd policies. I DID NOT get a good deal from your company. Funny how you want to rationalize things after the fact and try to blame me...........Shame on you!. I will never buy from you again and advise all members to find another outlet for buying clips.
Old July 2, 2008, 03:36 PM   #9
JP Sarte

PSimms

Attack a guy for sharing information on a website forum or try and work together to make it right?

I for one will shop elsewhere.

JP
Old July 3, 2008, 12:01 PM   #10
PSimms

We received a return request from a customer on April 07, 2008 5:56 PM, the customer stated “It is tight in my gun and takes some effort to get it out(unlike my Colt, that slides right out). It also will only take 7 rounds and they too are way to tight in the magazine.”

We issued a return authorization to a customer on 04/08/08. Instead of returning the product to us so we could compare it to the others from the lot the person started this thread on 04/09/08.

How is this an attack?
Old July 3, 2008, 12:21 PM   #11
Rampant_Colt

PSimms sounds like a customer service rep to me...

ps - it's called a MAGAZINE, not clip !!
Old July 3, 2008, 01:51 PM   #12
model18

ammoclip

All I ever asked from these people was an EXCHANGE, & NOT a REFUND. No where does it say they don't do exchanges in their disclaimer. I only altered it AFTER they refused to do an exchange. Good customer service would dictate an exchange.

They were very unwilling to make an exchange. By the time I got done returning it and their restocking fees, I might as well buy a magazine from somewhere else which I did.

The mag works but not great (and this is only due to my work on it. Before that I couldn't even get a round in it!!

All I wanted to do was give our members a heads up. I'm not the only one that has had a problem with them on this forum and others that I belong to.
All I ever wanted was a mag that worked, like it's supposed to and I don't feel like a got a sq. deal from ammoclip.com.

PSimms do us a favor and stop the customer service rap. It's getting old. If you wanted to do the right thing, you would have just exchanged the magazine for one that worked w/o all the small print BS. Did you just join this forum to defend your company or do you have anything of value to add to it.?? As you can see by the responses on this thread, no one is buying your crap.

If you want to do the right thing just send me another magazine & rtn. postage and I'll return the POS you sent me. It's that simple!

Do us and yourself a favor and cut the bull, as nobody is buying your irrelevant nonsense. You're starting to sound like a lawyer!!
Old July 4, 2008, 12:37 AM   #13
JohnKSa
Staff

This is not a knock on model18, just a general observation.

The time to read a company's return policy is BEFORE buying. If you don't like it, don't buy from them. By choosing to buy you also choose to accept the terms of the return policy.

Posted prominently on the ammoclip website home page.
Our return policy and online order status can be found using the information button at the top of each page
Follow the instructions and you get here:

http://www.ammoclip.com/R/returns.htm
"We will not accept any returns on altered, abused or damaged products."

"A 5% to 15% restocking fee will be applied to returned items. Shipping is non-refundable and return shipping cost is the customers responsibility, any shipments over 1 pound will have the actual shipping charges deducted from the refund."
Not the most customer friendly return policy out there, but not the worst I've seen either. Most importantly there's absolutely nothing ambiguous or unclear about it. On the other hand, I don't see anywhere that it says exchanges are not allowed or that they're highly discouraged.

If either party feels like they have useful or pertinent information to add to this thread, they can PM me and I'll open it so the addition can be made. At this point there's nothing constructive going on so I'm going to lock the thread.