The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old March 18, 2008, 04:11 PM   #1
Volunteer

Kytac Holsters - Help

I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but does anyone know another way to contact David Elderton at Kytac Holsters? David told me he was shipping my holsters and they should have arrived by now, and my wait has now been about twice as long as what David stated it would be.

I have had no luck in getting a response via email ([email protected]) or phone
(405) 844-6040.

I would appreciate any help or advice anyone might be kind enough to offer.

Thanks!
Old March 18, 2008, 08:46 PM   #2
wun_8_seven

sop for dave, thats why i will never buy anything from him again. once he has your money, he'll get to it when he gets to it. no matter what he told you. his and his cronies excuse is he's very busy. so am i and i do what i say when i say i will.

might i suggest comp-tac they usually ship in a week or less and thier stuff doesn't break in three months
Old March 18, 2008, 11:12 PM   #3
Volunteer

wun-8-seven,

Thanks for your comments. I did hear back from Dave E. at Kytac this evening and he said he would ship out this week. I will post a followup when my order arrives. Again, thanks.
Old March 21, 2008, 10:39 PM   #4
Calvin_Yung04

Kytac

He told me the same thing many times. It will be out this week...and this week...and this week....took forever

I'd send him emails on a daily basis.... 2 - 3 phone calls on a daily basis...they all have no reply.

His product is the best, but his customer service is the worse in the world.

If you can wait, (The worse case I heard is arrived 1 year later) choose him.

Otherwise, he will bring out all source of excuses.

Some people even paid him and never get the goods.
Old March 22, 2008, 08:22 PM   #5
Volunteer

Beware of Kytac Inc./Dvid Elderton

Calvin - I got burned again.

I contacted David by email today to see if he had a tracking number for my package he promised to ship a few days ago (see link below) and he said he "meant to call me" but my order did not ship as promised. He now says he will ship it out this coming week. Link: http://www.okshooters.com/forums/sho...t=26271&page=3

Back in January, when I placed my order, David said my wait would be 4 weeks; it has now been 8 weeks.

On March 6, David said he would ship my order out on March 10 or March 11. He not only failed to ship, but did not have the courtesy to tell me the order was not going out as promised.

I post this not to whine or complain, but to caution other potential consumers that this is a business owner that does not keep his word. I wish I had checked the Central Oklahom BBB and asked around the forums more before ordering.
Old March 22, 2008, 08:38 PM   #6
Calvin_Yung04

Kytac

Volunteer,

You are still lucky for now since you still can communicate with him by email.

Many others had paid him, and heard nothing since than. Please let us know

how it goes so that everybody will be aware~!!! From what I see in his thread, he cares about those bulk orders from LE etc. then those of us individual
Old March 22, 2008, 10:32 PM   #7
Calvin_Yung04

Kytac

One thing I didn't mention. Why didn't you try to knock on his door?? I live in different states so I cannot go.

He has his address at the front page of www.kytac.com
Old March 22, 2008, 11:23 PM   #8
Volunteer

Calvin. I live in a different state as well, so stopping by for a visit would be inconvenient for me as well.
Old March 25, 2008, 08:50 PM   #9
Volunteer

Update: I received an email today (March 25) saying my order shipped out.
Old March 25, 2008, 10:45 PM   #10
Calvin_Yung04

Don't be so sure until you actually receiving it. Let us know how it goes
Old March 27, 2008, 08:32 PM   #11
Volunteer

I received my entire order, which was shipped via FedEx 2-day. Quality was very good, with excellent finishing of the edges. Looking forward to trying out the new gear!
Old May 30, 2009, 11:43 AM   #12
Calvin_Yung04

Help Spread this to others....

I complainted him at the Okaholma Better Business Bureau

http://www.bbb.org/oklahoma-city/bus...nd-ok-90002441

See how poor his rating is...!!!!!!
Old May 30, 2009, 04:03 PM   #13
Calvin_Yung04

Unbelieveable....

Unbelieveable.....

My 3rd time order with Kytac, due to his long delay for my last order, he had an email promised me I can place my order, get my gear first then pay him upon receive of the gear.

I had emailed him and mentioned to him this time that I have a good deal on a Glock 34 and need his holster send before I take the deal. No reply, no answer....just avoiding calls....Then I turn to BBB file a complaint. Included prove of email promising I don't have to pay until the order arrived.

Today, I'd received an email:

Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 15:44:36 -0400
Subject: Re: Sooper Hooper (Resend)
To: [email protected]

"Even though the holster is unpaid, and you have no obligation to send it....but I hope you can at least let me know if I should wait or go with other less reliable choices. "

Sorry I had unavoidable delays. I have the holster done, but then I received your Better Business Bureau complaint today.

That's rather audacious, seeing as how you haven't paid for it yet.

I wish you well in your future endeavors, but I won't be sending that holster to you. Instead, I'll send it out to someone who has already paid for one.

take care.
======================
Then here is my reply:

There is an email from you agreed that I can receive the gear before paying the money.

I take your word as a promised. Even though the money is not send, your promise is a promise, an order is an order.

Throughout the forums across US, many people had paid you without getting their orders. It is not only myself getting frastrated.

People had paid you in advance, and never get their gears. They can't even find a way to complaint.
I am lucky I haven't paid for it yet; otherwise, my money will long gone....

I wish you well too.....No matter you are a grand master or top shooter, the way you do business will not get people to respect you.
Old June 4, 2009, 10:40 PM   #14
KyTac

You're out ZERO cents.

Paid orders have priority over unpaid orders.

Sorry you couldn't wait. No hard feelings on my end.

Again, I wish you well in your future endeavors.

Innovative Kydex Tactical Gear
http://members.aol.com/kytac
Old June 9, 2009, 09:50 AM   #15
Calvin_Yung04

Finally, someone who speak up for me. My ID at the Oklahoma forum is Glock_2010.

Originally Posted by Mad Professor

David E,

As someone looking for some Kydex gear right now I must tell you that I’m not considering you. Failed delivery timeline and poor communication are the primary reasons. I’ve heard enough issues both online and from direct contact with other shooters and friends. The all rave about the quality of the product but with very few exceptions all complain about several timelines not being met as well as poor communication on your part.

While Glock 2010 does have a personal vendetta he has room to complain. From your own post it appears you told him you would build and ship an order prior to getting payment. (because of prior delays on your part) Then you say you are shipping later prepaid orders ahead. While shipping on a promised payment may not be a good business practice, you offered and he accepted. Again, this is just another example of you not fulfilling your obligations and promises. I really don't think waiting "just a bit longer" would have made a difference.

Don’t think I’m overly impatient. I don’t mind paying for top quality items and waiting for delivery. All that I ask is to deliver as promised and inform me of unexpected delays.

Think about it carefully. You may not care because you appear to be selling everything you can build now. I truly hope you can overcome these issues. Until then, I’m forced to shop elsewhere.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by David E

I told him I'd send his next holster before payment was sent, so that offer was made by me. BUT, as I explained to Mr. Yung, paid orders have priority over unpaid orders and I was working up to his. Too bad he couldn't have waited just a bit longer.....

Last edited by Calvin_Yung04; June 10, 2009 at 03:37 PM.
Old June 11, 2009, 09:45 AM   #16
Calvin_Yung04

Comp-tac holster - g34

I had received my Comp-Tac Holster today. After observed about the details and workmanship; I can say it is way better than Kytac.

The most important part is their turn around time is less than 10 days.

They'd updated me the status of the order very often so that I know where exactly my holster is.

I repent why I didn't deal with them in the first place to save many trouble I'd with Kytac.

I will stick with COMP-TAC ever since....