The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old March 12, 2008, 04:47 PM   #1
The Tourist

Just got my .380 ACP back

As many of you know, I am a very big fan of Terry Tussey and his work on my pistols. (He has also done two revolvers in the past.)

He also provides great customer service long after the deal is done, and such is the case of my Colt Government .380 ACP.

That little pistol is never far from my sight, and it was starting to show a few miles. (A few...? Yikes.)

I contacted Terry's lovely wife Teresa, and informed her the pistol needed a good re-build from use, and she cordially arranged scheduling and shipping. She kept in touch by several e-mails and finally notified me by phone when the pistol was ready.

Now, I was the one that initiated the call. I was the one who ordered the work. Heck, I was the one who shot the pistol into the condition in which Terry found it!

I inquired about the cost and Teresa said, "No charge, Chico, just send me a check to cover our shipping."

Well, the little gun arrived here about an hour ago. Flawless trigger action, smooth slide, firm safety detent, positive magazine function both in lock-up and release.

In other words, (yawn) your typical, perfect Tussey Custom pistol.

I know there are lots of guys who think a .380 is on the lighter side of defense. There is never a question in my mind with Terry's work. It will function, and it will hit where it's aimed. I'm glad the little pistol is back home.