The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old November 14, 2007, 03:28 AM   #1
Sgt.Fathead

Noble 66, Like A Bad Penny....

Sold a Noble 66 12 gauge shotgun I'd inherited, along with things junkier and things better, to a buddy of mine for just about nothing as in, he bought the gas out to Cabela's in Hamburg PA, four hours round trip, and I gave it to him. I gave it to him in pieces because it only came with a cut sheet and no assembly instructions beyond an exploded diagram. Months ago, good riddance, have fun with it, Kevin.

He brought it back! He couldn't get it together either! All the research i did showed this to be one of the worst pump guns ever made. Single action bar, odd bolt assembly, barrel permanently welded to the receiver and a really strange adjustable choke doo-hickey at the end of the barrel. What do I do with this thing?

Kevin was going to bury it in his yard.
Old November 14, 2007, 09:40 AM   #2
Doyle

Simple. Wait until the liberals have another one of those "gun buybacks" where they give out Walmart or gas cards. Lately, the going rate has been $100. Just put it together enough to look like a working gun. The police will take it and destroy it and you get a nice reward for turning in another evil weapon.
Old November 14, 2007, 12:38 PM   #3
James K
Member In Memoriam

I worked on a lot of those Nobles (so-called, nothing noble about them), but if I tried to remember anything about them I would have to charge you for the psychiatric treatment.

Doyle's idea has merit.

Jim
Old November 14, 2007, 05:18 PM   #4
George R

Noble 66

If you want to give it a try, PM me your postal address and I'll send you step by step disassembly/assembly instructions.