The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old August 29, 2007, 07:26 AM   #1
ludwig1138

Sights for Taurus P 24/7

My wife wants to change the straight 8 Heine sight on her Taurus P24/7 to a conventional 2 dot rear. I called Taurus and they told me only Heine sights will fit the dovetail on the slide. Heine want $140 to install the night sight.

Anyone know of some other sight besides Heine that will fit this pistol? It doesn't have to be a night sight.

Thanks

B
Old August 29, 2007, 09:01 PM   #2
paul salchow

Get on Brownell's web site, i think there are 2 or 3 other sight combo's that will work.
Old August 30, 2007, 07:35 PM   #3
ludwig1138

Quote:
Get on Brownell's web site, i think there are 2 or 3 other sight combo's that will work.
Thanks, talked to a tech there and he said the Heine dovetail is some off the wall size, probably to keep someone from doing what I want to do. I can't figure why Taurus would go along with that though. Whey make it hard on your customers if you want repeat business?

The tech suggested I use a flat faced drill bit and put two dots on the sides of the Heine sight, fill them with white epoxy, fill the middle dot with black epoxy and I'd have my rear sight like I want. I guess I'll try that, if it don't work, I guess I'll buy the Heine night sights.