The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old April 21, 2007, 07:01 PM   #1
piste

Surefire X200..A or B? Where to buy?

I have a Springfield XD .40 Service and I'm in the market for a mounted light for it. I've done my homework and it's gonna be a Surefire X200 no question. In looking at the A and B models it appears the A has a better beam for longer distances...and the B is a wider beam which would be better for peripheral threats. Given my needs are 99% indoor (ie. home) it would seem the B is the way to go. Two questions:

1) anyone have any thoughts on the A vs. the B? (Happy to read about other manufacturers you like better...but I'm committed on the X200.)

2) Any recommendations for a retailer..probably online...preferably that you've had (good) experience with? Local shop has the B for $275...going rate...and happy to support him...unless I can save meaningful $$$ elsewhere.

Extra credit question: I recently heard a rumor from a pretty reputable source that Surefire has some sort of new technology in the works where their lights will now be brighter and/or have much longer battery life. Anyone heard/know anything about that??
Old April 23, 2007, 07:57 PM   #2
HappyGunner

X200B or X200A

I have had very good luck with these people. The B is $275 the A $250 if you can find them cheaper they will price match. I bought the X200B.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/surefire...hts-x200b.html
Old April 23, 2007, 08:00 PM   #3
Wildalaska

Talked to my Surefire rep last week. New Lights and Light Laser combos will be out this summer.

You want a A or a B, gimme a holler, you can check our bona fides here on this Board

WildmyfingerhurtsAlaska