The Firing Line Forums
Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > S.W.A.T. Magazine

Old January 15, 2007, 11:29 AM   #1
Glenn E. Meyer

Praise for SWAT at a class

Saturday, I took a defensive long arm class from Karl Rehn at www.krtraining. com. I have known him for years and regard him as a friend and core guru in my training.

So, I pack up my AR and head out. So enthused was I for the class, that I had to drive through the aftermath of a little tornado that hit I-35. Sheets of rain and watching two pickups float down the drainage ditch.

Anyhow, we shot our long guns all day in the cold and the crap.

During a break - someone asked Karl what the best gun rag (sorry) was. Without hesitation, he said - SWAT. It had articles by real people, unlike some of the others. American Handgunner was ok, also.

My AR ran OK for most of the day, despite being out in the crap. I followed Pat's advice - not the unmentionable lube - but the amount of lube. When it finally got cranky after being the cold rain all day, a generous addition of CLP made in go. Two failures to feed from a new mag after about 150 rounds in the cold rain. Easily cleared.

One disturbing thing - I shot much better with my nondominant side and eye. :barf:

Also, my Cabela's gortex jacket and some shooting gloves, LLBean lightweight water proof hikers and some rain paints were greatly appreciated.

One the way home, I stopped at Jims for a big plate of French toast - I need comfortable food - a gallon of coffee and I read Enos' book. A well done day.

I think I will comment on the class details in tactics. I have the day off for MLK. Nice.
Old January 15, 2007, 11:55 AM   #2
Denny Hansen
Staff Emeritus

Thanks for the feedback, Glenn. Looking forward to reading the details in T 'N T.

Denny
Denny Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote