The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old April 9, 2000, 11:55 AM   #1
Gordon Hanson

I unpacked my new 650 and accessories last night. A few missing parts, bullet tray chipped and beat-up. No media with the case prep kit.

I hope their customer service is all it's cracked up to be. A little disappointed with Dillon's quality control. Oh well, had to send my first Dell back.

[This message has been edited by Gordon Hanson (edited April 09, 2000).]
Old April 9, 2000, 01:55 PM   #2
Nukem

It is and they will take care of it. You won't even have to raise your voice when you call. Just say this and this is missing and this is damaged and they'll send it right out.

I spent about $1500 with them on a 650, casefeeder, caliber changeovers, and other shooting accessories since December. I don't think even UPS could damage the press the way it is packed from Dillon. OTOH, I ordered some toolheads and a shooting mat from them and all that came was the mat, the box was half smashed and had a hole in the corner. I'm sure the toolhead fell out due to UPS's crappy handling. They sent a replacement next day air, no call UPS and file a claim BS.

Let us know if they *don't* treat you right.
Old April 9, 2000, 02:37 PM   #3
fubsy

I think you'll get very good service from them I know that I allways have......even when I damaged it...fubsy.
Old April 9, 2000, 07:28 PM   #4
STRIDER

Just call them toll free. They will take very good care of you. When you get that 650 running, you will be verrry happy, it is a fine machine.
Old April 10, 2000, 05:42 AM   #5
Old Stogie

Their "no BS" guarantee is for real. They don't even ask or care how something got broke...they just get you the parts or replacement items you need, and there's never any charge.

Broke a couple of parts on my 550 a few years ago, which was completely my fault. Tried to give them my credit card number to pay for the replacement parts and they wouldn't take it. The stuff arrived 3 days later, no charge. After you deal with the Dillon folks for a while, other companies customer service just won't measure up. Happy reloading.

------------------
"Go armed to the teeth and comport yourself most politely".
Regards,
Old Stogie