The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old March 1, 2006, 10:18 PM   #1
Senior Member
Join Date: January 23, 2006
Location: Indiana
Posts: 512
encore pistol

My buddy recently purchased a thompson center encore pistol in .270. It has a blued finish and a wood stock. Can he get the encore rifle butstock to make it into a carbine or full sized rifle?
TCman is offline  
Old March 2, 2006, 09:47 AM   #2
Join Date: January 14, 2006
Location: Plains PA
Posts: 88
Everytime I shoot the X moves
firestorm9mm is offline  
Old March 2, 2006, 04:48 PM   #3
Join Date: June 18, 2005
Posts: 25
Yes, provided he buys a carbine or rifle length barrel to go with the rifle stock.
gbair is offline  
Old March 2, 2006, 06:56 PM   #4
Senior Member
Join Date: January 7, 2005
Location: western new york
Posts: 244
on the rilfe stock recoil pad is stamped "it is a violation of federal law to use this stock with a barrel less than 16"* long"

*i'm pretty sure it's 16", it could be 18 though i'm not positive and i don't have it here right now.
"A thunderclap, a tongue of flame, the still abruptly shattered..."
Michael Marks
hawken50 is offline  

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site and contents, including all posts, Copyright © 1998-2016 S.W.A.T. Magazine
Copyright Complaints: Please direct DMCA Takedown Notices to the registered agent:
Contact Us
Page generated in 0.09847 seconds with 7 queries