The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old November 10, 2005, 01:23 AM   #1
shooter_john

Blackhawk CQC Tactical CCW Must Have!!!

I never leave home without a Glock of some sort (department policy and, well ... because I can) and I wanted a holster that offered retention without bulk. I love my Fobus paddle, but when the BLACKHAWK CQC with the trigger lock came out, I had to have one. I got mine from Sportsman's Guide for $40, and went with the Glock 27 model because it will accomodate any 9 0r 40 Glock. This holsteris great, and is lightening fast. Draw is natural, but the gun is LOCKED in until YOU want it. I highly recommend this holster to those of you who carry OTWB under a shirt or jacket, etc. Worth the money!!!
Old November 10, 2005, 10:42 AM   #2
MEDDAC19

shooter_john

Glad you like your holster, but I think you should take a look at this thread on The High Road...
www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=164512
You may not have the same problem, but you should at least be aware that there are some concerns with these types of holsters. I think that the same problem might be encountered with the OWB holster as with the tactical. There are those that also defend it on the thread, but from the photos, I would have some concerns with drawing, when under stress or when speed is needed, with these types of holsters. YMMV
Old November 10, 2005, 11:28 PM   #3
Humbled

I've been using one for about a year now and love it. I personally can't see how some one could acidentally engage the trigger as said in the link. The part of the latch that is depressed to release the weapon is over the frame not the trigger. I have drawn mine under stress and finger rested securely along the frame. Done quite a bit of timed shooting from the holster as well and again finger rested along the frame. I have to agree w/ the fellow who said it sounds more like operator error than equipment error. JMO
Old November 11, 2005, 07:02 AM   #4
MattB

I have one and like it as well. Only downside is I need to where longer jackets than normal to keep it concealed. However, it is comfortable and has good ergonomics.

Matt