The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old September 20, 2005, 09:36 AM   #1
Crow Beads

Sig 232 Slide Bite Cure?

My wife bought this gun for CCW but doesn't like the slide release or snappy recoil. Her solution was to appropriate my Kahr E9.

I love the look and function of the Sig but the slide cuts the web of my hand between the thumb and forefinger. Aside from surgury, is there a fix for this?

Best,
CB
Old September 20, 2005, 11:05 AM   #2
Eghad

I dont know of anything to fix your problem. I would probably look at selling or trading it in on another Kahr.

NRA Life Member
Old September 20, 2005, 11:58 AM   #3
RsqVet

Grip the piece low, keeping the web of your hand tucked as flat as you can make it, trying to keep it tucked under the area where the slide "bites". With larger hands obviously this is a lot harder, I had a hard time with my old PPK and this, have not had the problem with the 232 --- guess my hands are boarderline for the problem.

Diffirent grips might help as well --- my 232 has houge rubber finger groove grips and I think that the finger grooves help me keep my grip a little spread out and locked down out of the way of the slide.

Hope this helps, I love the 232
Old September 20, 2005, 12:41 PM   #4
jacobtowne

Agree with the Hogue rubber grips. I have them on my P232 and have fired more than 1,000 rounds without getting bitten once.
JT
Old September 20, 2005, 06:36 PM   #5
Crow Beads

Thanks for the help folks. I think the "trade for another Kahr" idea is the best. A friend let me shoot his 232 that was equiped with Hogue grips and it cut my hand also.

Best,
CB