The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old September 7, 2005, 06:21 PM   #51
IZinterrogator

Quote:
Check the laws, but an carrying ASP seems like a good idea. Then you can “discourage” someone without really injuring them.
We carried batons within my prison in Iraq because firearms were not allowed in the cell block or in the yard where the bathrooms are. We had to go through some training prior to their use. They gave us a chart with green, yellow, and red areas. Green was injure, yellow was seriously injure, and red was a kill zone. There was no white "discourage" zone. Every serious swing at someone with a baton is going to break bones at the least and rupture vital organs at the worst. And our batons were wood, not metal like an ASP.

Slateman, ya did good. Nice to know that chivalry isn't dead, at least in your neighborhood. However, in Junior's neighborhood... well, I doubt it's a neighborhood, more likely a bunker in the forest anyway, judging from some of his other posts.

BTW Junior, part of the point of the T&T forum is to share events that happened to you, what you did in response, and how it turned out so others can learn from them. It is not to rip on people for defending themselves or for protecting those who are unable to protect themselves. If you have nothing constructive to add, then don't add anything.
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!” - Samuel Adams
Old September 9, 2005, 04:22 PM   #52
CarlosDJackal

I only have one question: Didja get the girl?

Good job!!
Old September 9, 2005, 09:16 PM   #53
Slateman

LOL, I already have a girlfriend But yea, she was pretty grateful. I'm officially invited to all her sorority's parties and any thrown be the brother frat as well. Pretty cool actually. Basically, I have free beer whenever I want it.
Old September 9, 2005, 10:58 PM   #54
ethernectar

Carlos beat me to it, but was going to ask...

"Did you get her number?"

m
Old September 10, 2005, 01:12 AM   #55
3 weelin geezer

I think you should have been wearing steel toe boots and done what this guy does.

http://www.kickedinthenuts.com/ Episode 2
Old September 10, 2005, 09:39 AM   #56
butch50

Life works out just right sometimes - the free beer is very cool , but if you had known about the possibility of free beer when you started whuppin up on the bad guy, you might have gone way too far in the excitement of thinking about the free beer, and ended up in jail for a "leaving a greasy spot" homicide.

Unless college boys have changed radically since I was one......

‘‘The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun.’’ ~ Patrick Henry
Old October 16, 2005, 08:58 PM   #57
k9lwt

Good job. As a rule of thumb, if I think I am going to have a drop of alcohol, I am not carrying. Pepper spray is something that I think is always essential.