The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 8, 2000, 12:14 PM   #1
9mmMike

I have just purchased my first long gun. Well, kinda long. It's a Camp-9. It comes with a 10-rd mag but will accept larger ones of course. Are there any legal limits to what mags I can put into this very nifty carbine? I am considering converting it over to accept my Glock mags. Will the rules change if I do that?
Thanks. This is a great forum.
Mike

------------------
"Freedom is not free"
Old January 8, 2000, 12:38 PM   #2
Rob Pincus

The only thing that would keep you from putting higher capacity mags in that rifle would be local/state laws. There are no federal laws that I am aware of which control using "pre-ban" mags in your carbine. Some states (Like NJ) have limits to magazine capacity, check with your local FFLs or LE types.
Old January 8, 2000, 08:17 PM   #3
labgrade
Member In Memoriam

& check with state Fish & Game if you'll use it for poppin' critters. CO's got a 6-total law for semis (only applies for big game tho' & turkeys in the fall).

& too, I think it's a good idea to be non-PC these days. If you can find the hi-cap mags that work - get 'em, function check & if nothing else, stash 'em away - "for later."