The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old May 11, 2005, 07:34 AM   #26
Rojoe67

different levels of caution......

I think of it a little like getting on the freeway each day....... Conditions dictate a lot to me. Is it raining, clear, fog, snow, ice, sunny, what day is it? It might sound odd but in general some things are similar. I like a light crowd......big crowd at range is harder to watch to see if everyone is shooting and acting civil. No crowd in my case is ok too. The range is on a main road within sight to the road. A store must be entered in order to get to the gated and fenced range and a range master is always on site. This said I still shoot there in an alert status. Just me and that is how I feel best and do best at range practice. I must admit the part or rule I hate most is leaving my weapon at the shooting booth and going down range. I always take the mag and ammo with me. I also try to always have a CW on me too....
Old May 11, 2005, 09:27 AM   #27
Bullrock

utaherrn

Damn! You spotted me again.