The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old March 30, 2005, 08:39 PM   #1
Join Date: March 20, 2005
Location: 4 Corners USA
Posts: 15
Ingram M10---how to sell

I have a Sub Machine gun that I have had since Nov.13, 1980 (the date on my form 4) Military Armament Corp Mac 10 9mm. The supressor, also says Military Armament Corporation dated Dec. 30 also on form 4. I have three 32 round mags, canvas case, canvas supressor cover. The gun has been sitting in my closet for the last 15 years. I keep it oiled and in great shape. Haven't shot it but maybe one or two magazines a year just to show someone. The first couple of years after I got it I remember ordering a 1000 rounds the first time and another 1000 rounds which I still have about half. do I sell it? Kenny
KennyW is offline  
Old March 30, 2005, 08:48 PM   #2
Junior member
Join Date: September 26, 2004
Location: Northern Indiana
Posts: 1,881
You could probably sell it yourself online but you'll need a ClassIII dealer to handle the whole transaction. Shaggy can help you more since ClassIII is his thing
WillBrayjr is offline  
Old March 30, 2005, 09:06 PM   #3
Senior Member
Join Date: October 9, 2004
Posts: 1,519
Kenny -

First step in selling is to email me and let me know how much you want.

On your form 4, it is a MAC-10's made in Powder Springs? The PS guns are some of the most desirable MACs, though the ones in 9mm get a bit less than the ones in .45 since the double feed position 9mm mags they take are a bit hard to find (same mags as a Walther MPK/MPL I believe). Still altogether the package you have should be worth about $3000 give or take a couple hundred. The suppressor, while original, isn't the latest technology and probably has rubber or neoprene wipes. Most cans today use steel baffles that do not need to be repacked after a few rounds.

To sell the gun...

If you buyer is a resident of your state, you can sell it directly to him on a form 4. Have the buyer complete a form 4 (in duplicate), complete with two fingerprint cards, the CLEO signoff, and one copy of the new US Citizenship certification form. He'll also have to pay one $200 transfer tax to get it. Go to for new versions of the form 4 and the US citizenship form. You'll have to get fingerprint cards from the NFA Branch of BATFE though (call 202-927-8330). Once you receiver a copy of the approved form 4 back in the mail from BATF, the buyer can come pick up the gun.

If the buyer is a resident of another state, its basically the same process, but it has to transfer to a dealer in the buyers state first. The dealer will do a form 4, but since he's a dealer, he won't need fingerprint cards or the CLEO signoff. Once the gun is approved to transfer to the out of state dealer (you'll get one copy of the approved F4 in the mail) you can send it to him. The buyer will then have to do another form 4 (along with paying another transfer tax) in that state to get it from the dealer.
shaggy is offline  

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site and contents, including all posts, Copyright © 1998-2017 S.W.A.T. Magazine
Copyright Complaints: Please direct DMCA Takedown Notices to the registered agent:
Contact Us
Page generated in 0.07395 seconds with 7 queries