The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old February 26, 2005, 10:09 PM   #1
Senior Member
Join Date: January 29, 2005
Location: Twin Cities, MN USA
Posts: 315
Help with ammo difference...

Can someone tell me the difference for these ammos.

Hollow Point

All I know is buy and shoot. I didn't know about the different kind or grade and the difference damage they have.

(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
(='.'=) (='.'=) (='.'=) (='.'=)
(")_(") (")_(")(")_(") (")_(")
tom650604 is offline  
Old February 26, 2005, 10:18 PM   #2
Senior Member
Join Date: January 24, 2005
Location: Land of Sky Blue Waters
Posts: 183
In the TFL Library there is a list of common abbreviations for all sorts of firearms lingo, but it doesn't always define the meaning. You can find out, for instance, that JHP stands for jacketed hollow-point, but the definition stops there.

The glossary at the website below goes a bit further:

Others here at TFL have lists of resources that they'll share, I'm sure.
If you have a 50-50 chance of being right, you'll be wrong 90% of the time.
Springer45 is offline  

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site and contents, including all posts, Copyright © 1998-2017 S.W.A.T. Magazine
Copyright Complaints: Please direct DMCA Takedown Notices to the registered agent:
Contact Us
Page generated in 0.07386 seconds with 7 queries