The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old February 1, 2005, 08:25 PM   #1
Lt102

Removing permit restrictions

I have a question for New Yorkers.... Here in Rensselaer Co. you need to apply to have an unrestriced pistol permit. Anyone have an idea of what a "valid" reason to have restrictions reomed would be?

I have already been told the self defense, or lawful concealed carry don't go over well with the judge, but he is otherwise pretty leniet with removing restrictions,

Any thoughts?
Old February 1, 2005, 08:39 PM   #2
mete

Ask around in your county to find what your judge finds acceptable.
Old March 7, 2005, 09:01 PM   #3
Lt102

Anybody out there have any thoughts
Old March 7, 2005, 10:23 PM   #4
kennybs plbg

I started about 25 years ago with target and hunting/ and business. Being self employed in my line of work business can be 24/7. So it was never really restricted. I lost my wallet about 10 years ago and went for replacement permit. At that time I filled out a request for an unrestricted permit. I stated the reason being that I couldn't legally take my family out to dinner if thay met me on a job, I'd actually be breaking the law under thier restrictions. It was stupid and I would of never been called on it, but non the less I'd be breaking the law. The dept. lifted all restrictions. I'm sure it helped that I'd had the permit the past 15 years and never shot anyone.

With you being a professional fire fighter, and willing to put your life on the line to help people even while off duty. I'm sure there are many times you would be the first to respond alone to either a roadside accident or other dangerous conditions that may arise.

kenny b