The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old December 22, 2002, 04:08 AM   #1
APSAC

Trigger slap on CZ75B

I have a pretty new CZ75B with some pretty bad trigger slap. Is there any way I can take care of this myself without going to a smith? I'd like to learn how to do it. It's not so much the money or convenience factor.
Old December 22, 2002, 04:42 AM   #2
Alaskee

trigger slap

The easiest way to cure the problem would be to trade it in on a CZ 85 combat. The next easiest would be to call CZ-USA and ask if the overtravel adjustable trigger for the CZ 85 combat is available for purchase and if it would fit a 75B model ( I'm fairly sure that it will) then trade triggers out. The third easiest would be to drill or drill and tap your existing trigger and install a small roll pin (filed to the correct length) or an overtravel screw (adjusted to the correct length). If it were me I'd try calling on the availability and compatibility of the 85 combat trigger.
Old December 26, 2002, 04:55 AM   #3
APSAC

Thanks Alaskee. I've spoken with the smith at CZ USA before and he was a nice guy. I think I'll change it out for the CZ85 trigger.
Old December 26, 2002, 06:03 AM   #4
VVG

What do you meant by slap, overtravel?
Old December 27, 2002, 03:42 AM   #5
APSAC

The trigger rebounds after ignition and hits my index finger. After a dozen or so magazines it kind of takes the shine off firing what is an excellent pistol.
Old December 27, 2002, 05:04 PM   #6
nyetter

I've experienced this too. Not sure what causes it, but the 85C's overtravel stop definitely doesn't fix it. I have a 75B and an 85C, and they both give some amount of slap.
Old December 27, 2002, 07:57 PM   #7
blades67

Trigger slap? You have a gun that doesn't approve of the way you shoot it? Does it require that you load cartridges facing backwards in the magazine?

I hunt, therefore I am.