The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 14, 2002, 05:26 PM   #1
Slish

The Wedge

Read an article in a magazine a week or so ago that mentioned a "new" holster called the Wedge. Supposedly you can wear it strong-side or cross-draw.

Anybody have any experience with it or anything similar?

I'm doing a long commute (3+ hours) from Mishawaka, IN to Troy / Madison Heights in metropolitan Detroit twice a week (up on Mondays, back on Fridays) and have been searching for a single holster that can comfortably handle the driving part and, once in Troy, is comfortable and concealable out and about.

I've thought about Fist's Driving Holster, but crossdraw just doesn't do too well for me as a normal wear. Guess I'm too fat!

Any ideas welcomed!
Old October 15, 2002, 06:00 AM   #2
Schmit
Staff Alumnus

Slish,

What I did for long trips was mount a holster under the dash. I mounted it right below the ash tray. With the ash tray open it covers the grip (as the grip extends somewhat out from the dash). I can reach it just my leaning forward a tad. I "pop" up the try with my wrist, grasp the gun and draw. Extreamly fast. Very comfortable while driving.

"Notoriety is fleeting,
Anonymity is forever!"