The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old May 30, 2000, 07:07 PM   #1
Lavan

Our trap club discontinued the Federal target shells they used to sell. Any websites u have tried for shells?
Old May 31, 2000, 11:10 AM   #2
Bud1

I haven't had much luck finding target loads via the internet due to the horrendous shipping charges involved.

I used to shoot a lot of Federal Top Gun target loads for practice, and found that Federal's Multi-Purpose load is quite similar. Both amount to Gold Medal guts in a throw away hull (with a slight wad difference). I have found Multi-Purpose loads at Walmart for around $4.00 per box.

A local sporting goods chain here in Texas often has Winchester AAs for the same price. I shoot these almost exclusively now.

You might do better talking to your local sporting goods retailer and asking about a volume discount. I have found that some will offer 10 - 20% off if you buy a pallet at a time.

Good luck,

Bud