The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old January 15, 1999, 09:36 AM   #1
CJS

Any information on Knob Creek would be of a great help, ie dates, time, place etc.If you prefer Email would be OK. I would also like to know if you can rent different models there?

Can any Leo/Military person buy a full auto?

Thanks in advance.
Old January 15, 1999, 11:28 AM   #2
fal308
Staff Alumnus

Knob Creek's website is www.machinegunshoot.com. Yes you can rent weapons there. They have the rentals on the lower range. There are also jungle walks, shotgun matches, pistol matches etc. The website has a schedule of events.

I may be wrong on this point but my understanding is that leo can buy with supervisory letter and signature on dept. letterhead. If you leave dept, weapon stays with dept. or you must sell. Problem is limited market for leo-only weapons. Mil must go through personal same procedure as civilian when purchasing FA.
Old January 15, 1999, 08:43 PM   #3
danbrew

With regard to Military/LEO purchase of a Class 3 device... the rules and regs are no different for the individual officer as they are for us.

If the agency of unit was purchasing, different story. But if a cop/soldier/airman/whatever wants to buy, they've got to go through the Form 4, fingerprints, etc. The one cool thing about a soldier buying is that their CLEO is the post provost marshall. Chances are better than average that the PM is going to know what a machinegun is and might even say "Cool".

danbrew :->