The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old January 25, 2009, 10:29 PM   #1
rotorhead41486

YHM 22 Mite Suppressors

I am considering buying a Yankee Hill Machine .22 "Mite" suppressor...does anyone have any real experience with this model or these types of suppressors? I would like to know how dependable and quiet they are and if they are worth all the trouble and time of a $200 tax stamp.

thanks!

- jb -
Old January 26, 2009, 01:14 PM   #2
kalstrand

While I don't have any first hand experience that is the model most people reccomend when I ask. I have an uncle who has a Gemtech and he said if he had it to do again he would get the YHM.

I guess if its worth the money is going to be subjective. I have shot my uncle's P22 and 10/22 with the suppressor and it is great fun. Enough that it has me considering one of my own.
Old January 26, 2009, 09:19 PM   #3
Legion2600

oh they're worth the trouble & stamp. .22 suppressed is great fun.
Old January 30, 2009, 06:58 PM   #4
Singlesix1954

YHM stainless

I have a stainless mite and it is awsome! It is rated for 22mag fullauto. I have it on a G-22 Walther bullpup 22lr, a P-22 Walther pistol,& a S&W 2206 pistol. It doesn't hinder acuracy and it removes about 40dbsi. This makes shoothing even more fun than without it. My friend has a Tactical solutions and 2 YHM the only thing about the TAC SO. is that it has stacked cone baffels that make it a pain in the neck to clean. Cleaning it is important to keeping it quiet. The MITE is easy to care for and works great. One tip if you get one coat the internals with Tompson Borebutter and it will be even easer to care for. As for the stamp... best tax money I ever spent!
Old January 31, 2009, 11:10 AM   #5
DVC9

Singlesix, thanks for the info. I was trying to decide between the "Mite" or a Tac Solutions and was actually leaning that way.

Your observation that the "Mite" is easier to keep clean has made up my mind.

Any recommendations by anyone as to who has the best prices???

Thanks, Mike
Old January 31, 2009, 02:14 PM   #6
Singlesix1954

Try to contact Exiter Arms

Exiter Arms in Exiter NE sold me mine and helped in the paper chase. They are license and verced in class 3 stuff. Price was fair and people made me feel welcome in their home.
Exiter Arms.com

Last edited by Singlesix1954; January 31, 2009 at 02:15 PM. Reason: forgot e-mail address
Old February 1, 2009, 02:45 PM   #7
mxitman

I've shot the Mite and it's pretty sweet, I ended up getting the SWR Spectre after shooting a couple of different .22's with the Mite,Tac-65,Outback-II, Spectre and one other I can't remember. The stainless Mite is probably the best deal for a long lasting suppressor, but I only have experience with the aluminum one. If your going to pay $200 for the tax stamp I wanted something to last along time and able to disassemble. I might still get a brushed stainless mite to add to my stainless 10/22... almost blends in!