The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 12, 2013, 11:04 AM   #51
wncchester

"Is this shortage temporary?"

My neighbor told me a guy in a barbershop said his cousin knows a guy who's father in law's auto mechanic expects the "shortage" will be over by mid-Feburary. Other than that, I don't have a clue.
Old January 12, 2013, 11:12 AM   #52
Gdawgs

I was at my LGS yesterday to check out the primer situation. They were out of small pistol primers but had everything else. The owner told me that their Federal rep just told them that they would not be receiving any Federal primers in 2013. They are not high enough up on the important customer list.

My gut feeling is that it's going to worse than it was last time around.
Old January 12, 2013, 11:22 AM   #53
dickttx

Quote:
"My neighbor told me a guy in a barbershop said his cousin knows a guy who's father in law's auto mechanic expects the "shortage" will be over by mid-Feburary. Other than that, I don't have a clue."

Sorry wncchester, but almost everyone knows that coffee shop info is much more reliable than barbershop. But it is pretty hard to find either one of those today.