The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old September 21, 2016, 07:20 AM   #26
jetinteriorguy

I too don't like short grips. I carry an LC9s and I have to use the pinky extension. It's still relatively conceilable and I shoot it well. But I also carry a couple spare 10 round mags for reloads. But I just picked up a Taurus PT111G2 and it's literally the same size other than slightly wider with a 12+1 capacity and the grip is phenomenol. As soon as I get my concealed holster it will be my new CCW. Oh and also as soon as I shoot it enough to be proficient with it.
Old September 21, 2016, 07:58 AM   #27
Fla_dogman

This is why i like my XD's, both of them. When the need for CC in light clothing i can use the short mag, when I'm in a coat or jacket i can use the long mag. To me they offer the best of both worlds in the same gun.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
Old September 21, 2016, 12:34 PM   #28
Worc

Grip length is one of the first things I notice when I pick up any auto loading hand gun. I much prefer a longer grip and I find models like the Glock 19 and Sig 2022 too short. The PPQ is only slightly shorter than your Glock but, has a good length grip. You may also want to try to hold a Steyr C40-A1.
Old September 23, 2016, 05:19 PM   #29
rightside

I want to add my vote to the Taurus PT111 G2. I tried the small 9's . I tried the even smaller 380's . They all shot fine, but were too difficult for me to control well. I decided to get the smallest pistol I could handle well and still conceal. The G2 really filled that spot for me. Fits in my back pocket(removed the pinky extension on one of the mags for extra concealment), hold 12 rounds and is very shootable. With the lawsuit against Taurus I think they really wanted to get this one right. For my money, they succeeded.

Tags
compact , concealed , semiautomatic , subcompact