The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old April 21, 2001, 09:16 PM   #1
ReserveCop

I noticed the two "side kick" (pardon the pun) Rangers carry a semi-auto with a black slide and a stainless frame...what type of gun is it?

Also, want type of handguns does Walker and his partner carry?

P.S. I heard this is the LAST season of the show...it that correct?

Thanks for your opinions.

Old April 21, 2001, 11:04 PM   #2
Johnny Guest
Moderator in Memoriam

Most of the sidearms are SiGs of one type or another. I've also seen Berettas. The Cordell Walker character (Chuck Norris) has often carried a long barreled S&W Magnum in a cross draw holster.

I've NEVER seen a real Ranger using a cross draw holster, not even a shoulder holster. Of course, I don't know what they wear under a jacket while in court, etc.

I personally know both of the retired Rangers who served as technical advisors for the series. Both have provided input about the cross draw deal, and it just didn't matter.

Yup, as of a couple of weeks ago, this was it. They were filming the final episode at the time.

Best,
Johnny
Old April 21, 2001, 11:07 PM   #3
Lightsped

Almost every episode of "Walker Texas Ranger" I have seen has Chuck Norris carrying a stainless Berreta 92FS....

I realized this after I had bought myself a stainless 92FS as well....
Old April 21, 2001, 11:27 PM   #4
Herr Walther

Walker's partner on "Walker Texas Ranger" carries a Walther P5.

I saw one episode where he is suspended and removes the Walther and his badge and lays both on a table in front of him. Also seen numerous other scenes where it is obvious to me that it is a Walther P5.
Old April 22, 2001, 06:23 AM   #5
ojibweindian

When the show first started, Walker carried a stainless S&W. Now, I think he carries a Taurus PT-92? Thought it was a Beretta at first, but one time I thought I saw the frame-mounted 3 position safety. Who know, who cares. The show was good for the first several years, then kinda went down hill from there.
Old April 22, 2001, 05:15 PM   #6
Troy

Having never watched the show (can you say CHEESE?), I happened to stop on it once while flipping channels to answer a question I had been asked. When I looked back, there was a bad guy who was shooting a revolver at Walker until it was empty. The bad guy proceeds to "click, click, click" on empty chambers. Cut to Walker pulling out his gun. Cut back to badguy, who is now holding an AUTO, slide locked back, and still "click, click, clicking." Cut back to Walker, who mutters something like "It's over", and back to the bad guy, who is suddenly "click, click, clicking" on the revolver again.

Any lingering doubts about the quality of the show were cleared up right away...

-Troy
Old April 22, 2001, 05:33 PM   #7
buzz_knox

Walker has carried a Sig 220 two-tone, a S&W .44 Mag, a Taurus PT-100 stainless, and a S&W 945.

His partner has carried either a Sig (early on) or a Walther P-5.
Old April 22, 2001, 11:01 PM   #8
ReserveCop

What about the two "younger" male and female Rangers?

They both appeared to be using the same semi-auto. As I stated before, it had a black slide and a stainless frame. Also, I believe it had a "bobbed" hammer.

Can any TFL member ID their handgun?

It looked really nice.

Thanks for your opinions.