The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old April 20, 2000, 10:19 PM   #1
Bill Adair

Anyone else tried the new Ramshot powders from Wester Powders in Montana?

I tried their True Blue (third fastest in their line), and it meters better (in my RCBS Uniflow), than any other powder I've ever tried. The granuals are extremely tiny round balls, and roll all over the place on a flat surface.

Fired the best 45 Colt group I've ever shot with it in my Blackhawk, and I've tried 231, Unique, and AA#5 prior to True Blue.

I loaded some 357 with True Blue, and though I didn't notice any accuracy improvement with the first attempt, it was just as good as any of my other reloads. I'll play around with the charge weight, to see if it improves.

True Blue burns as clean or cleaner than anything I've tried to date, and I'm looking forward to trying some of their other powders.

Their reloading manual is a real class act, in full color, and free from my dealer. No lead bullet loads except 45 Colt, but they told me a new manual will be out in the fall with more lead loads.

Bill
Old April 21, 2000, 10:22 AM   #2
ArmySon
Staff Alumnus

I'm waiting for the big gunshow here in PA to roll around in May. I can't seem to find Ramshot anywhere else. Lots of people had excellent experiences with Ramshot from my club. I can't wait to try it out.
Old April 21, 2000, 01:13 PM   #3
Mike / Tx

Well hello there Mr. Adair, good to see ya back in action. Glad to see you hit a load for the 45 Colt. I am still going to send ya some of those old cast loads when I find tha time to dig out those old manuals. I haven't forgot. Got a bright orange post it with your name on it over my bench.

Hollar at ya later,

Mike / Tx
Old April 21, 2000, 06:14 PM   #4
Bill Adair

Hi Mike!

Didn't recognize your user name, but it's sure good to see you here. I'm still having problems setting up email on my new HP computer, and even more trouble remembering all these damn different passwords! <G>

I'm looking forward to that load data, but I'm in no real hurry so take your time.

Yes, I really like Ramshot True Blue, and looking forward to trying some of their other powders. The only thing I don't like about Blue is that there's room for almost a triple charge in the 45 Colt cases! Believe me, I'm very careful about inspecting the filled cases before seating bullets. <g>

Bill

[This message has been edited by Bill Adair (edited April 21, 2000).]
Old April 21, 2000, 10:19 PM   #5
Bill Adair

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I can't seem to find Ramshot anywhere else. Lots of people had excellent experiences with Ramshot from my club. I can't wait to try it out.[/B][/quote]

Son,

Try asking Ramshot at 1-800-497-1007, for a dealer in your area.

You might also check their web site at: www.ramshot.com, or [email protected].

Later,

Bill