The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old April 7, 2002, 01:38 PM   #1
dick w. holliday

Shot a GSSF match yesterday

This was one of the indoor Glock deals where you shoot the NRA tombstone target (sorry i can't think of the number).....anyway you shoot from 12,25,50,75 feet with up to 30 seconds to shoot 10 rds at 25 yds. I practiced for a couple of weeks probably averaging 100 rds per day through my Glock 17L......Best score i got in practice was in the 480's out of 500.....really thought i was going to kick butt until a regular at the range (Who i've always beaten at everything else) shows up, borrows a model17 and puts a 490 or so on the board overcomming my 477......well "**** happens",,,,,,,had fun anyway--if you see one of these matches in your town you should participate.....Dick
Old April 8, 2002, 12:07 PM   #2
SDC

Ditto from me; I've shot one of these matches, and it was a LOT of fun. Something to keep in mind is that you don't need to shoot particularly well to win back your entry fee or more; one of the guys I talked into coming to the match with me last year won $75, and another one won a new Glock.