The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old May 13, 2014, 02:54 PM   #1
Colorado Redneck

Bought a Shooting Chrony at Amazon and saved

In trying to be frugal, I was shopping at various online retailers for a new chrony- I shot the last one.
Then Missues Redneck did a Google Search for "Shooting Chrony F-1 for sale"

Well, in the end I saved about $30 bucks---got one for $81 + a bit of change, free shipping. Will be here in about a week. The wife has a PayPal account with Amazon and she did the order for me in less than 2 minutes.

She commonly buys sewing and quilting stuff on Amazon and has saved a bunch. Another place to buy gear.

Last edited by Colorado Redneck; May 13, 2014 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Kant spel
Old May 13, 2014, 08:22 PM   #2
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Let us know how it turns out. For something that cheap and a place I like to do my online business, I might bite...

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Old May 13, 2014, 10:03 PM   #3
Colorado Redneck

Will do

Amazon states that it is a new unit. I bought this tablet on Amazon and saved about $150.00 and it has worked out great (knocking on wood). Hope it turns out as advertised. Not having a chrony is a drag working up new loads.
Old May 14, 2014, 07:57 AM   #4
Double Naught Spy

I check Amazon as force of habit now. Obviously, they don't carry everything (either as Amazon or via all their subvendors, people/companies who sell through Amazon), but sometimes you will be surprised what you will find and that it is commonly at a competitive price. Because they serve a large market, they often tend to keep prices down.

A few points to consider...

Some items do have free shipping just because that is how they are setup and it is great, but an item with free shipping today doesn't mean it will have free shipping two weeks from now, especially if it is from a subvendor.

You may find the same item for multiple prices and the price range can be large. This is because the item may be listed by Amazon and subvendors or just by the subvendors. Each subvendor sets its own price.

If you join Amazon Prime (maybe $100 a year now, don't recall the specifics), a LOT of what Amazon sells (not their subvendors) comes with free, two day shipping. We order a lot online and so this is quite a cost savings over the course of the year.

Quote:
Let us know how it turns out. For something that cheap and a place I like to do my online business, I might bite...
Its a mixed bag, but I find a lot of hunting-related gear there, scopes (even NV and thermal), cleaning supplies, targets, vision and hearing protection, reloading gear, etc. You just don't find bullets, ammo or guns.
Old May 14, 2014, 09:17 AM   #5
zxcvbob

Quote:
Bought a Shooting Chrony at Amazon and saved
I saw the title and was going to post "Don't shoot it!", but I see that you know that already
Old May 17, 2014, 03:16 PM   #6
Colorado Redneck

Shane--so far so good.

The F-1 came in the mail yesterday. Was exactly like the first one (that I shot) and is brand spankin new. Set it up and tested it on the kitchen table with rubber bands--shooting them across the sensors and it picked them up fine. Will post again after using it for real stuff. Next few weeks are hectic so it may be in a month or so. Will post to this thread.