The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old September 13, 2002, 05:37 PM   #1
mattd

Cheaperthandirt.com

These guys hosed me pretty bad I think. I ordered the last 4 XD-40 mags they had in stock last Thursday on the phone. Got a confirmation e-mail and everything, even billed my card. Their warehouse is here in my city, and I was told to expect my package within 1-2 days (UPS). Almost a week goes by, no clips. So I called and requested a call back. No response. So I called again, no call back (anybody see a trend here?). Finally I get this e-mail from this lady in 'Internet Sales' (I ordered by phone, but whatever) and she says they're out of stock, and never had the mags to begin with. Huh? Crappy customer service. Never again Dirt, never again...
Old September 17, 2002, 02:52 AM   #2
Giant

Thanks for the heads up. I have been thinking of making an order with these folks, but now I need to give it a lot more thought and research before I part with my hard earned dollars....

Giant
Old September 21, 2002, 08:44 AM   #3
edamon2k

that sucks.

however, I've ordered from them a few times and had good results.
Old September 21, 2002, 09:48 PM   #4
Art Eatman
Staff in Memoriam

I've been by their store and visited a bit. Favorable impressions. Quite a few folks have been very happy with their service by phone or by snail-mail. Don't believe I've heard any comments one way or the other about the email.

They are known to get the occasional brain-fade. It's not a common thing, but when it happens it seems a bit difficult to get corrected.

Art
Old October 3, 2002, 03:26 AM   #5
Rail Gun

About 3 months ago I placed a $60 order with them. A couple boxes of cheap ammo, a boresnake, a pack of snap caps, and a few other little things I wanted. My order was processed extremely quickly and was shipped quickly. I even tracked it on the UPS web site with the code number they gave me. I wouldn't hesitate to do business with them again. But after seeing that post I will not ever order items from them which they have very few of in stock.
Old October 19, 2002, 04:40 AM   #6
Razmear

low stock

Id agree with not buying anything unless its in stock, at least they show the apx quantity on their site.
I had to wait almost 2 months for Sellier and Bellot .357 to arrive, but it did say 0 qty when i ordered.
Otherwise there damn cheap and no compaints on shipping or service.

eb
Old October 28, 2002, 07:39 AM   #7
gruven

I've places several $100 orders with them and had no trouble. Quick response and fast shipping each time.
I've never ordered anything that was listed as low stock though.