The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old January 24, 2014, 02:07 PM   #1
johnelmore

Knockout Attacks

You can google it and find it if you dont know about these. Basically surprise attacks on the unsuspecting by people with a twisted sense of entertainment. There is value in keeping a distance between strangers and traveling in numbers. There is also value in video cameras which help catch these perps.

To the perps out there who insist on playing this game remember you might be on high definition candid camera. Cameras record your movement and its easy to track you down. You will be caught and spend time in jail not to mention having your mugshot available to the googling public.

To potential victims remember to keep your distance and watch all those who insist on getting too close.
Old January 24, 2014, 03:30 PM   #2
Peppy

Knockout game

Been reading and watching many videos on this. Google "ZoNation knockout game". I am still trying to get my mind around this and want to stay away from debate. I just feel bad we as society have come to this. Tactics for avoiding these attacks - Extreme diligence first, weapons carry second. Or is weapons carry more of a revenge tactic given a somewhat successful attack? As the perps most always run away following the event. How do I protect my loved ones in my absence?????
Old January 24, 2014, 04:33 PM   #3
mete

How many perps are Black ? How many victims are white ? It's called a race war .Wake up to that fact !
Best defense is to always be aware of what's around you. Put away the I-pad , cell phone etc and lok around.
Old January 24, 2014, 04:49 PM   #4
Beentown71

Condition yellow helps. Plus, they are not attacking fellows like myself. They are targeting the seemed weak.

This trend has seemed to slow.
Old January 24, 2014, 05:17 PM   #5
Mainah

I can Google "Bigfoot" and freak myself out. From what I've read this is mostly urban legend. Based on real statistics if there is a race war it's internal and that's very unfortunate.
Old January 24, 2014, 05:54 PM   #6
lcpiper

Mainah, don't read about it. The people who are doing it are posting the videos on youtube themselves, all you have to do is go watch them for yourself.
Old January 24, 2014, 06:13 PM   #7
Mainah

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I'm saying that it's as rare as a lightening strike, I can find them on Youtube too. Getting scared about some media-hyped rarity is no way to live.

The tactical common sense approach to threats is to be aware. What about "the knockout game" changes that in any way?
Old January 24, 2014, 06:43 PM   #8
Nanuk

I am with Mainah here.

Lightning strikes both ways.
My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.
Old January 25, 2014, 12:08 AM   #9
wayneinFL

Quote:
How many perps are Black ? How many victims are white ? It's called a race war .Wake up to that fact !
Best defense is to always be aware of what's around you. Put away the I-pad , cell phone etc and lok around.
As far as tactics go, I don't see why it matters what color the people are.

And yes, situational awareness is a big deal in these. In some of the videos, the attackers runs in from 30 or 40 feet away. But you'll notice in most of them, the victims are cased out beforehand.
Old January 25, 2014, 12:33 AM   #10
jimbob86

Quote:
Lightning strikes both ways.
Indeed.

http://allenbwest.com/2013/11/knocko...m-shoots-back/

As to the "race war" stuff...... BS (Bovine Scatology) ..... Stupidity knows no color- it appears both the perp and armed intended victim were black.

As the man said: "Keep your hands to yourself."
Old January 25, 2014, 07:40 AM   #11
Spats McGee
Staff

I don't see much discussion of Tactics & Training here, so I'm going to shut this one down.