The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old December 7, 2017, 02:30 PM   #1
Rduran

Taurus pt 92 AT

I have a question about my pt92. So I fire a round and the bullet fires. But instead of the empty shell ejecting. It'll go into the barrel due to the next round from magazine pushing it in. So I have to , whike slide is open, push the next round back into the magazine, drop magazine, then pull the empty round out of barrel. Then it's good to fire again. For 1 shot. Then it'll reoccure. The feeding ramp has 2 black spots on it that I can't seem to get clean. Some say it's the feeding ramp. Others say it's the spring in the slide. Also can be the ejecting spring? I have no idea. Please help me save my precious firearm
Old December 7, 2017, 03:36 PM   #2
DaleA

Try this. Chamber a round. Drop the magazine. Work the slide. Does the gun eject the chambered round?

Answer this question and I'm sure some of the experts here will give you a better answer with this info under their belts.
Old December 7, 2017, 05:09 PM   #3
Rduran

Yes. All that is in order. It'll eject the rounds fine. It's just after I shoot a few it'll start getting stuck. It does shoot better with luger ammo rather than Winchester and federal
Old December 7, 2017, 11:06 PM   #4
5whiskey

From what you are describing I would first check the ejector. If its broken it should be obvious. After that, try another magazine. If it does the same thing with all magazines, I would think extractor. Next is recoil spring. Feed ramp is very low on the list for a double feed.

Did you buy this pistol new or used? Are we sure there are now aftermarket parts or bubba gunsmith "fixes?"
Old December 8, 2017, 02:38 PM   #5
FNS-40

Sounds like a broken extractor spring. Fwiw Taurus has a lifetime warranty and will glady repair or replace your 92.
Old December 9, 2017, 03:51 PM   #6
Rduran

Sweet. Best news I've heard about my firearm. I almost got rid of it.i got the gun used in a trade. Would i still be able to get it repaired or switched out?? The forearm seems to be in working order. Both mags do the same thing. I appreciate the feed back gentleman
Old December 9, 2017, 09:17 PM   #7
Kreyzhorse

Call Taurus but it sounds like an extraction issue. Best of luck getting it fixed.
Old December 10, 2017, 10:44 AM   #8
FNS-40

Yes the warranty is transferable. www.taurusarmed.net
Old December 15, 2017, 06:24 AM   #9
lechiffre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rduran View Post
Yes. All that is in order. It'll eject the rounds fine. It's just after I shoot a few it'll start getting stuck. It does shoot better with luger ammo rather than Winchester and federal
I hate to ask, but what than 9mm Luger(parabellum, 9x19) are you using?

do the interns get glocks ?

Tags
9mm , bereta style , pt92af , taurus