The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old May 7, 2013, 07:38 PM   #1
M1ke10191

Finally grabbed some .22 today!

Walmart had .22 shorts which I picked up. I was limited to three boxes, and once myself and another customer purchased them, they were out of stock. They may not be .22LR but at least the ammo is slooowly trickling in. Since I'm in New York (the most "progressive" state in the US), if we're barely starting to see .22 here, I'm assuming the more fortunate areas of our country are closer to a sense of normality.

Still no ARs here since they're actually illegal now. Thanks SAFE Act!

And I'm still waiting for powder and bullets from Brownells...have been since early February. But all in all, today made me start to believe this panic may be starting to let up.

On a side note, does anyone have a Brownells ETA for components?
Old May 7, 2013, 08:38 PM   #2
stu925

I noticed the Walmart near me had a couple of boxes of .22 Shorts on the shelf also last week. The only other ammo they had was 7mm Rem Mag and shotgun ammo though so I doubt the end is near just yet.

Stu
Old May 7, 2013, 08:43 PM   #3
Plumbnut

I told the guy at walmart I needed him to get me some .22 lr......he said "we are out" ......I said...."No you dont understand I want you to go home and get your .22 lr"

He looked like this.....

I said I was kidding before he started crying.
Old May 7, 2013, 10:10 PM   #4
SVTCobra306

The local Bass Pro got a shipment in the other day of multiple things of Winchester ammo.. 555 packs of .22LR, 100 packs of 9mm, 100 packs of .380, 40 round packs of .223, and others. I had the last brick of 22 in hand but put it back, I'm pretty sure from the drool on his face the guy who got it was a scalper. I picked up some 9mm though for normal price, and had to have the wife buy a second pack since we could only get 1 pack per person.. too bad the 4 y/o doesn't count LOL.

I'm seriously considering when the local Wal Mart starts getting .22LR shipments getting every round I can get my hands on then selling them on the 'net for exactly what I have in them, not a penny more. If I do it I'll repost the hate mail I get.. LOL
Old May 8, 2013, 07:12 AM   #5
alex0535

Our local Walmart seems to have .22 shorts most of the time.

What I found odd is that the one thing they have had on the shelf is at least a couple boxes .243 WSSM. Otherwise the shelves are mostly empty at Walmart.

There are a couple of places around here that I have been generally able to find all the rimfire ammo I need if willing to pay their steep prices.