The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old January 6, 2010, 11:12 AM   #26
tulsamal

I've been watching the MSAR developments now for a long time. I had a real Steyr AUG back in the late 80's but sold it in the early 90's when it became worth so much money. I want whatever I buy to be as totally reliable as the Steyr I once owned. So I'm thrilled to see that there are now US made Steyr AUG's available as well. The more choices and competition we get, the more likely it is that we will see some real product development and lower prices.

Maybe in another year or two I'll actually be buying one!

Gregg
Old January 10, 2010, 10:08 AM   #27
Meditator

Quote:
Why does MSAR us plastic trigger pack and other critical parts? As I understand it this causes the sloppy trigger. It seems that the weight difference between alloy/steel/aluminum vs. plastic is trivial for this small but critical piece. I also heard that the magazine catch is plastic so you cannot use metal AR mags in the E4 model. Is this true? I am a fan of tupperware on frames and such, but not for internal guts.

Thoughts?
Remember MSAR is a pretty young company, especially in the firearm business. I am just so happy that they have products that function, which doesn't cost arm and a leg to get one. Their customer service is excellent too.

They do listen to their customers, reason why they came out w/ E4 which takes AR mag, lower rail for optics and higher height for scope. Then, they dropped the price to even more affordable level.

Perhaps, if you present these improvements to MSAR, we'll see more upgrades these year.