The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old January 13, 2009, 10:30 AM   #1
Field Tester

Browning BPS barrels

So I may have the opportunity to purchase a Browning BPS turkey gun at a great price. It's the camo model with a short barrel chambered in 3 1/2". The thing is, I don't really turkey hunt. I am considering buying this because I duck hunt and thought that maybe I could get a replacement barrel in 28-30". I did a search online and didn't find much!! I found one place that had a replacement barrel for a 3 1/2" gun but it was blue. Does anyone know of someplace that might have a replacement barrel for this gun? I have an 870 and replacement barrels for those are a dime a dozen, but the browning's seem harder to find!
Old January 13, 2009, 11:37 AM   #2
BigJimP

They're next to impossible to find / about the only thing you can do is have your local dealer order one from Browning - but I think they're about $250.
Old January 13, 2009, 01:03 PM   #3
Field Tester

Thanks. I think I'll pass on this gun. Browning's prices are getting out of control!!
Old January 13, 2009, 02:00 PM   #4
BigJimP

I don't agree - I think Browning gives you a lot of gun for the money - in a variety of models ( pumps, semi-autos and Over Unders ). Are there cheaper guns out there - sure / but you have to decide what is the best value for your money.

In terms of pump guns - I think the Browning BPS is a very good value and comparable in quality to the Remington 870 Wingmaster.