The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old June 6, 2021, 06:07 PM   #1
Bentonville

New Winchester Wildcat .22 rifle

Perhaps someone may be interested in the Wildcat. I just took mine to the range for the first time. Paid $240 for it a couple of weeks ago . I used Federal AE 38 gr. hollow point . Copper plated . And some old Federal value pack I got from Walmart many years ago. I shot about 80 rounds before I had to go home .
This little rifle did not have a single problem with feeding or ignition. It is fun to shoot. It shoots as fast as I can pull the trigger and at 25 yards I was pleased with the accuracy. ( Note: I’m not that demanding!) It was as accurate in my hands as my Ruger 10/22 with the black plastic stock that I’ve had for years. I personally like the peep sight. Yes, it’s cheap and seems fragile and yes, it’s hard to get your cheek on the stock when sighting but it did everything my Ruger does after it’s cleaned and lubed. I think I’m going to enjoy having this little rifle . I also used a couple of the Ruger bx25 round mags and they worked as intended.
Old June 7, 2021, 09:00 PM   #2
Joe-ker

I found it interesting that they accept ruger 10/22 mags. I favor traditional styling but they look promising.
Old June 8, 2021, 05:21 AM   #3
jetinteriorguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-ker View Post
I found it interesting that they accept ruger 10/22 mags. I favor traditional styling but they look promising.
They don’t state that they accept Ruger mags, just any after market Ruger mag. Whatever difference that makes.