The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old July 11, 2006, 03:10 PM   #1
priv8ter

Washington Fishing and Hunting News: Great Pistol Deal.

Holy Cow!

Washington Fishing and Hunting News has a deal where you can get a 20 year(Life Time) subscription to their magazine AND a S&W 629 with a 5" Barrel for $600(plus tax for Washington residents).

Around here that is cheaper than retail for just the pistol itself. I couldn't help myself and just suscribed...$644 plus tax for a biweekly magazine and a new S&W 629.

Their phone number is: 1-800-488-2827. The deal should even be open to non-Washington residents!!!!!!

I am so weak. Now, who is going to call and tell my wife?

greg
Old July 11, 2006, 09:16 PM   #2
priv8ter

Just wanted to bump this up.

Originally, for $599 you got a life time subscription to the magazine, and you choice of a 6.5 or 5 inch barrel 629.

For $899, you could get the magazine and a S&W 500. When I called, they were all out of the 500 and the 6.5 Inch barrel, which was fine...I like the look of the 5 inch barrel better.

grg
Old July 15, 2006, 01:10 PM   #3
jhgreasemonkey

What caliber did you get? Can you pick?
Old July 15, 2006, 03:31 PM   #4
priv8ter

By the time I called, they said they were already out of the .500's and the 6.5 inch 629's. Which was fine, because I kind of liked the look of the 5-inch barrel better on the 629.

Truthfully, full house loads in my 686 and Cor-bon hunting loads in my Black Hawk .45 Colt were plenty of thump for me. I have a jones for a 10mm, but .44 Mag was never something I was very interested in. I know my wife isn't going to want to shoot it.

But for that price...my parents and best friends need to count themselves lucky that THEY aren't getting life time subscriptions also. This gun may just end up as trade bait if the shop that is handling transfer has a 10mm in stock when my revovler shows up.

greg
Old July 17, 2006, 11:50 AM   #5
jhgreasemonkey

Cool