The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old November 20, 2013, 08:13 AM   #1
bspillman

Trade or pass

I have the chance to trade my kel Tec p11 for an armscor m200 .38 revolver with 4 inch bbl. Can you help me decide which to do pass or trade?
Old November 20, 2013, 08:59 AM   #2
pilpens

I really do not like either handgun but If i had to choose, I think I would take the Armscor 200. No experience with the Armscor revolver but supposed to be a copy of Colt with some improvement on springs. Have shot keltec fp9 which i did not like.
Old November 20, 2013, 07:37 PM   #3
jasmith85

I don't have any experience shooting either but price wise in my area the p11 is worth more. I normally see p11's for around $225-$250 in local stores while the Armscor I've seen as low as $160.
Old November 21, 2013, 07:45 AM   #4
Waspinator

very different guns.

If you want to carry it, then the 10 rounds of 9mm is hard to beat with the p11.

That said, I'd prob take the M200.. because revolvers are so cool, lol.

https://us.armscor.com/products/m200

http://www.keltecweapons.com/our-guns/p-11/pistol/
Old November 21, 2013, 09:56 PM   #5
Jbar4Ranch

I'd keep the P11.

SASS 47015
Old November 21, 2013, 10:35 PM   #6
lee n. field

Quote:
I have the chance to trade my kel Tec p11 for an armscor m200 .38 revolver with 4 inch bbl. Can you help me decide which to do pass or trade?
Why do you have the Kel Tec? Does it fulfill its purpose? Why might you want that revolver?
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "
Old November 24, 2013, 12:00 PM   #7
Sevens

I also agree that I don't like either one and wouldn't care to own either one. However, being a handloader, I would choose the Armscor 200 revolver and I would probably run a stress test on it and see if I could shoot it to destruction.

The Kel-Tec P11 wouldn't be enjoyable to shoot... the Armscor, assuming it is passably accurate and it operates properly... would be enjoyable to shoot.

However, if I weren't a handloader and I had to buy factory ammo, I might choose the Kel-Tec P11 as 9mm is both easier and cheaper to find. (well, maybe not right this moment, but typically, and in the future)

Now, if I have to choose which one to own only because I know I'm going to be selling it off or trading it, it would be the Kel-Tec P11. It would be (far!) easier to trade or sell to the next guy.

In a more perfect world, I wouldn't waste time or energy on either of those & I would chase down a former issue/duty/service Smith & Wesson Model 10, some of which can be had for $229-$260 when a new crateload of them hits the resale market. Every SINGLE thing about a well-worn Model 10 is better than either of the other two on their best day. (in my opinion, of course)
Old November 26, 2013, 12:54 PM   #8
ScaryWoody

I keep an Armscor M200 as a trunk gun in my car. It's low end. It does shoot fairly well to point of aim. It's one of those guns if lost oh well.