The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old November 25, 2002, 04:10 AM   #1
Duckfoot

"The Range" in Oxford NC IDPA

Gent's
Anyone familiar with this club I looked at their web site but that doesn't tell me about the club itself. This is the closest IDPA club near me and about a hour away, so I was hoping to do a little recon on the web first. If any members could tell me anything of who, what, where, and when I would be grateful!

Duck
Old November 25, 2002, 06:58 AM   #2
stans

The only range that I ever shot at in Oxford was the Sir Walter Raliegh Club. I have not seen that range in several years, but the last time I saw it they were making tremendous improvements to the ranges. It was nice to begin with, but they were busy making it really nice. I was also impressed by the people who ran the IPSC matches and the local shooters, all were very nice people.
Old November 25, 2002, 07:46 AM   #3
Billy Sparks

I have shot at "The Range" in Oxford a couple of times. The scenerios are all great. The Range Officers are really great to deal with. Frank Glover that runs the place runs a pretty tight ship as far as safety and such. However if you are looking for someplace with a fancy clubhouse you need to go somewhere else. The last time I was there it was just tobacco fields.
Old November 25, 2002, 07:24 PM   #4
GeneS

The Range is one of the best IDPA clubs in the South if not the whole USA. I've shot several of their monthly matches and they are always first rate. Good people there too. If I wasn't three hours away this would be the match not to miss each month. I shoot at several other clubs within two hours drive. They are from good to excellent, but The Range edges them all.
Old November 25, 2002, 08:20 PM   #5
David Ramsey

The Range

The Range is in Oxford and does host very well run matches. Frank Glover is well known for his ability to direct very well run matches.
The range itself is very basic. There are some maintenance that has been delayed, however bring your gear shoot a match and you'll enjoy yourself.
Old November 26, 2002, 05:23 PM   #6
Duckfoot

Thanks Fellas!!
Old November 28, 2002, 01:56 PM   #7
byerly

They are having a 3 shoots in 2 days the first weekend in Dec. I havent shot there in about 2 years but will be making this match.
Old June 20, 2004, 11:03 PM   #8
nc9mmlady

The Range

Hey Duck, The Range is no longer just a tobacco farm. Frank has done alot of work there in the past year. He just held the Carolina Cup last weekend, and everybody commented on how good the stages were. It would be well worth your ride to go to the matches on the first two Sundays of the month.